Merengue 2 allows the reconstruction of a parent microtexture from an EBSD map measured on the transformation product.
The first Merengue was developed by Pierre Blaineau during his PhD Thesis. Today Lionel Germain is continuing the developments.
Working hypotheses are the following:
- The phase transformation respect STRICTLY an orientation relationship
- The inherited phase nucleate and grow within its parent grain
Main Features include:
- User friendly interface
- Support of all phase transformations
- Quick calculation (in the order of few minutes on a reasonable map)
- Support deformed parent microtexture before transformation
- Measure of the orientation relationship 
- Iterative reconstruction by trial and errors of parameters
Mainy details on the reconstructions, as well as performances and limitations of this method have been published in the habilitation thesis of Lionel Germain (in french with acronyms defined in the bookmark)
Publications about Merengue 2 development
-  GERMAIN, L., GEY, N. & HUMBERT, M. (2007). Reliability of reconstructed ί-orientation maps in titanium alloys. Ultramicroscopy 107, 11291135.
-  BLAINEAU, P., GERMAIN, L., HUMBERT, M. & GEY, N. (2010). A New Approach to Calculate the ? Orientation Maps in Steels. In Solid State Phenomena vol. 160, pp. 203210.
-  HUMBERT, M., BLAINEAU, P., GERMAIN, L. & GEY, N. (2011). Refinement of orientation relations occurring in phase transformation based on considering only the orientations of the variants. Scripta Materialia 64, 114117.
-  GERMAIN, L., GEY, N., MERCIER, R., BLAINEAU, P. & HUMBERT, M. (2012). An advanced approach to reconstructing parent orientation maps in the case of approximate orientation relations: Application to steels. Acta Materialia 60, 45514562.
-  GERMAIN, L., KRATSCH, D., SALIB, M. & GEY, N. (2014). Identification of sub-grains and low angle boundaries beyond the angular resolution of EBSD maps. Materials Characterization 98, 6672.
-  HUMBERT, M., GERMAIN, L., GEY, N. & BOUCARD, E. (2015). Evaluation of the orientation relations from misorientation between inherited variants: Application to ausformed martensite. Acta Materialia 82, 137144.
Publications about Merengue 2 applications
-  DEY, S., GERMAIN, L., HUMBERT, M., SUWAS, S. & BOUZY, E. (2005). Determination of parent beta-phase orientation from inherited orthorhombic phase in beta -> O+B2 phase transformation of Ti-22Al-25Nb alloy. Philosophical Magazine Letters 85, 463471.
-  GERMAIN, L., GEY, N., HUMBERT, M., BOCHER, P. & JAHAZI, M. (2005). Analysis of sharp microtexture heterogeneities in a bimodal IMI 834 billet. Acta Materialia 53, 35353543.
-  GERMAIN, L., GEY, N., HUMBERT, M., BOCHER, P. & JAHAZI, M. (2005). Beta to Secondary alpha Variant Selection in Sharp hcp Textured Regions of a Bimodal IMI834 Billet. In ICOTOM 14: Texture of Materialsvol. 495-497, pp. 663668. Leuven, Belgium: Trans Tech.
-  GERMAIN, L., DEY, S., HUMBERT, M. & GEY, N. (2007). Determination of parent orientation maps in advanced titanium-based alloys. Journal of Microscopy 227, 284291.
-  SACKETT, E. E., GERMAIN, L. & BACHE, M. R. (2007). Crystal plasticity, fatigue crack initiation and fatigue performance of advanced titanium alloys. International Journal of Fatigue 29, 20152021.
-  GEY, N., BOCHER, P., UTA, E., GERMAIN, L. & HUMBERT, M. (2012). Texture and microtexture variations in a near-a titanium forged disk of bimodal microstructure. Acta Materialia 60, 26472655.
How to get it?
At the moment, there is a discussion about the future of Merengue 2 (commercialization or not ..). We will let you know of the advances as they progress.